The Marklesburg Volunteer Fire Comapny was organized in the Borough of Marklesburg in the "Town Hall" in the Spring of 1950 by citizens of the Borough and surrounding areas, who realized a need for more adequate Fire Protection. At that time,there were no companies within about a 12mile radius of the Borough.
By-laws for a company were drawn up and the first officers were selected.
Organizers initially solicited funds by going door to door to residents and businesses in the area. meetings were held regularly twice a month,the second and fourth Mondays, and this practice continued until 1971,when the company cut back to one meeting a month.
In 1966, the Ambulance Division To the Fire Company was organized.
From then to now active Firemen now are required to complete many hours of mandatory training periodically to be qualified as Firefighters and Rescue personnal.
Serving : Marklesburg Boro., Penn Township, Lincoln Township.
Portions of : Hopewell Township,Todd Township and Juniata Township.